[opensuse-factory] [Tumbleweed] System hangs on reboot/poweroff from Login Screen
Hi All,

Currently I am on the latest Tumbleweed snapshot with Gnome installed from Live DVD image. Hardware is a X240 Thinkpad with Core i7 4600U processor, 8 GB RAM, 1 TB SSHD and Intel HD4400 graphics.

Since last few update (I suppose when Systemd was updated), Along with the Plymouth switching to text mode screen issue, I am facing this issue where if I try to reboot my system from the login screen (GDM), the screen gets switched off and there is no further activity. I have to force shutdown it using power button. This also happens post login if I try to restart or power off within first few minutes of login. Shutdown/reboot attempts post 10-15 minutes work fine. The issue happens regardless of whether I attempt a shutdown/reboot from the Gnome Top Bar menu or from command line using poweroff or reboot commands.

I am not able to figure out anything wrong from journald output. Can anybody show me the direction in which I can proceed?

Thanks.

--
Regards,
Sumit Bhardwaj