Re: [opensuse-factory] default routeS post-13.1
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 07 Apr 2015 13:49:48 +0200
Felix Miata wrote:

host: 192.168.0.121

Second one won't work. Gateway must be on locally attached network.
It had always been this way. Even if you manage to fool your system
in sending packets to this address, gateway won't know how to reply.

I'm not necessarily trying to have both configured at once. I only
want it simple to change if I bring a PC to some network that uses a
different router IP.

That is most easily done with 'ip'. ip addr del, ip addr add, ip route
del default, ip route add default via and os on.

I now have this particular host configured with fixed IP on 13.1 and
TW, and DHCP on 13.2 and the other 13.1. All seems good here except
with TW. In TW, actions affecting network, like mounting a NFS share,
or pinging, exhibit huge delays. Network throughput, as when running
zypper dup, seems normal.

So throughput is good, but latency is high - sounds like a DNS issue.

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (7.8°C)