Re: [opensuse-factory] Graphical Plymouth Themes not working in Tumbleweed, Text Mode Themes works fine
  • From: Raymond Wooninck <tittiatcoke@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 6 Apr 2015 17:42:32 +0200
On Sunday, April 05, 2015 01:15:48 PM Cristian Rodríguez wrote:

then running mkinitrd will recreate your initrd, tell Dracut to load

your driver, and Plymouth will use it

Nope.. nope. nope.. do not recommend people to do this.. dracut has to

include the needed modules in the initrd automatically.. if it does

not.. then there is a bug..

Actually the issue is not with Dracut :) If you run a dracut -H and have a

new initrd file generated, then dracut will recognize the video driver

required and included it into the initrd file.

However as with many things, due to the sake of compatibility with other

programs the mkinitrd wrapper seems to be the culprit. I haven't checked, but

I guess that it calls dracut in such a way that it no longer checks which

video driver is required. I wonder when we can actually switch to just calling

dracut with the right parameters and drop these type of wrappers.

Regards

Raymond

On Sun, Apr 5, 2015 at 8:51 PM, Cristian Rodríguez