Re: [opensuse-factory] systemd-219 vs. rsyslog: Where do mail* events get logged now?
On Wed, 01 Apr 2015, 18:30:07 +0200, Andrei Borzenkov wrote:
On Wed, Apr 1, 2015 at 7:25 PM, Manfred Hollstein
<mhollstein@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Wed, 01 Apr 2015, 17:56:32 +0200, Manfred Hollstein wrote:
Hi there,

after upgrading to several new stuff (including systemd-219) I now
realized that there are no messages logged to the /var/log/mail* files.
I use rsyslogd as my system logger and I don't have a persistent
journal. Up until systemd-210 sending an e-mail using postfix got logged
in /var/log/mail, similar to every received e-mail pulled in via
fetchmail, but right now the log file doesn't show any activity.

Does someone of our systemd experts know which knob to tweak to get
the old behaviour?

just switched to syslog-ng and nothing changed. Also, only audit
messages reach /var/log/messages, any other messages normally shown in
/var/log/messages don't hit any file.

Are messages present in journalctl output or they are completely lost?

The messages are there in the journalctl output. Thanks to the other
posts in this thread (adding an /etc/systemd/journald.conf.d/syslog.conf
file) I'm now back to almost normal logging - just need to redirect the
new flood of audit messages to somewhere else. Nevertheless, I believe a
"drop-in" replacement for init, syslog, whatsnot should have come with
this missing glue itself...

Thanks for your reply!

Cheers.

l8er