Re: [opensuse-factory] Inclusion of Pitivi 0.92 and its dependencies to Tumbleweed
  • From: Yonsung Lee <ys9607@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 22 Mar 2014 00:23:00 -0400
On Fri, 2014-03-21 at 20:38 -0700, Greg KH wrote:
On Wed, Mar 19, 2014 at 04:19:26AM +0000, Greg KH wrote:
On Mon, Mar 17, 2014 at 03:26:49PM -0400, Yonsung Lee wrote:
Hi all (first time mailing here, so pardon me if mistakes are made),

The current version of Pitivi available for OpenSUSE:Stable is 0.15.
It's buggy and limited, and was released in 2011.

Since then, Pitivi has switched to using Gstreamer Editing Services
(GES) as its platform, and its performance and stability has improved
*exponentially*. The current stable release (0.92) is much more usable
than 0.15.

As far as I remember, there are two dependencies that need to be added
as well, gstreamer-editing-services and GNonLin 1.1.90.

Links to factory:

https://build.opensuse.org/package/show?project=openSUSE%
3AFactory&package=pitivi
https://build.opensuse.org/package/show?project=openSUSE%
3AFactory&package=gstreamer-editing-services
https://build.opensuse.org/package/show?project=openSUSE%
3AFactory&package=gnonlin

It would be great if this could be added to Tumbleweed, as we all know
Linux users are in need of an intuitive yet versatile video editor.

Ok, I'll try linking this in tomorrow when the build system calms down
after the big resync it just went through...

This fails to work because gstreamer in tumbleweed isn't new enough for
these packages. Now I could bump all of the gstreamer packages, but
something tells me that's a non-trivial thing to do...

So, any ideas?

greg k-h

I see. I was using the Packman repo for GStreamer, so I guess that's why
I didn't encounter problems installing GNonLin and GES. Thanks for
checking, though.

For now, I'm hopping to Fedora to check the editor out. Just a generally
easier experience in this regard.

42