[opensuse-factory] Re: When was it decided to stop supporting remote desktops?
Carlos E. R. wrote:
On 2014-03-19 13:58, Br�ns, Stefan wrote:
Hi,

LIBGL_ALWAYS_INDIRECT=1 glxgears might be worth a try.

cer@AmonLanc:~> LIBGL_ALWAYS_INDIRECT=1 glxgears
Running synchronized to the vertical refresh. The framerate should be
approximately the same as the monitor refresh rate.
21039 frames in 11.8 seconds = 1784.601 FPS
XIO: fatal IO error 11 (Resource temporarily unavailable) on X server
"localhost:10.0"
after 44182 requests (33 known processed) with 0 events remaining.
cer@AmonLanc:~>

No wheel movement, no network transmission. Sever has Intel graphics,
client Nvidia with proprietary driver.
----
Similar here...first got:
Running synchronized to the vertical refresh. The framerate should be
approximately the same as the monitor refresh rate.
45623 frames in 6.4 seconds = 7166.903 FPS
834 frames in 27.4 seconds = 30.428 FPS
822 frames in 28.8 seconds = 28.542 FPS
----
With all X-window response degraded (Xserver process was peg'ed@100%cpu),
virtually no network traffic -- dropped from a norm of 200-400KB/s down to
between 1KB-80KB/s. Note, While my monitor is running at about 30FPS, no
way is it capable of 7166FPS!

The initial gears displayed in the window, but no turning.

If I close the X-window instead of control-C in the starting window, I
also see:
XIO: fatal IO error 11 (Resource temporarily unavailable) on X server "athenae.hs.tlinx.org:0"
after 91313 requests (33 known processed) with 0 events remaining.
---
But that's understandable as the sending program is reporting it's resource (the window closed on my server) is 'temporarily unavailable'...