Re: [opensuse-factory] Re: When was it decided to stop supporting remote desktops?
On 2014-03-19 18:20, Claudio Freire wrote:
On Tue, Mar 18, 2014 at 8:54 PM, Carlos E. R. wrote:

Your post did not reach the list. The reason is that it contains an html
part, thus the mail server rejects it. Silently, it seems.

You have to configure your mail software to send pure plain text email
only, at least to the lists.

I'll copy your email back.

> It seems to be doing the rasterization in software on the X server, in
> spite of having more than enough acceleration capabilities,
resulting in
> 8fps or less (couldn't accurately measure).

Well, that's expected for Nouveau, accel is not complete.

How come nouveau has enough acceleration support to run compositing
desktops and even games I believe (haven't tested the more demanding
ones), but not glxgears?

Does xgl impose some seldom-supported mode of operation? (I can't
imagine that)

You could compare how fast it runs locally and how fast remotely. If
they are very different, I can only guess that it does not use the same
methods in each case.

--
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.
(from 13.1 x86_64 "Bottle" at Telcontar)