Re: [opensuse-factory] Re: When was it decided to stop supporting remote desktops?
Am 18.03.2014 13:17, schrieb Jan Engelhardt:

Well, if you can still call it "turn" with the stuttering that is 8 fps.
Shrinking the window leads to increased fps and with about 16-20fps,
you have the minimum smoothness the eye needs.

But that does not sound like hardware accelerated like you would expect
it to be.
It's just software rendered into a frame buffer on the server side and
then transferred as bitmaps to the displaying machine.

I seem to remember when I tried this last (> 5 years ago), the rendering
was actually done on the hw-accel of the displaying machine, and I got
decent FPS. Not as fast as local DRI rendering, but certainly more than
a few FPS. And the FPS was not really different with different window sizes.

So probably Linda has a point and discovered some real breakage.
--
Stefan Seyfried