Re: [opensuse-factory] Re: When was it decided to stop supporting remote desktops?
On Tuesday 18 March 2014 12:47:59 Carlos E. R. wrote:
On 2014-03-18 11:59, Per Jessen wrote:
You joker!

That's because glx is configured to go around 'X' and directly
to localhost...so of course ssh'ing into your own machine would
work (providing your own machine can run glx)...

Running "ssh -X <remote> glxgears" works for me from a 12.3 onto a 13.1
system. I get about 4fps over wifi.

It doesn't here.

cer@minas-tirith:~> glxgears
libGL error: failed to load driver: swrast
libGL error: Try again with LIBGL_DEBUG=verbose for more details.
Running synchronized to the vertical refresh. The framerate should be
approximately the same as the monitor refresh rate.
18548 frames in 10.6 seconds = 1745.512 FPS
XIO: fatal IO error 11 (Resource temporarily unavailable) on X server
"localhost:10.0"
after 40178 requests (834 known processed) with 0 events remaining.
cer@minas-tirith:~>

I get the graphics, but the wheels do not turn at all.

Stroboscope effect.

Use the cursor keys to change the camera viewpoint ...

Local machine has Nvidia graphics and driver, remote has Intel. Both run
13.1.

Doing the reverse, there is no error message from libGL, but the wheels
do not turn either, although it reports an absurdly high FPS, rate. Then
I also get the same XIO error.

The XIO error happens when you close the window, nothing abnormal here ...

Regards,

Stefan