Re: [opensuse-factory] Re: When was it decided to stop supporting remote desktops?
On 2014-03-18 13:20, Linda Walsh wrote:
Carlos E. R. wrote:
On 2014-03-18 12:14, Jan Engelhardt wrote:

So I just pick another fucking host then,-- it still works and I
get chugging gears.

They do if both machines have an Intel graphics, but not if one is
Nvidia with proprietary driver. Someone could try with the Nouveau
driver, ATI, etc...
----
Are you saying you need like-for-like drivers now? That seems
hard to imagine. I would note, the Nvidia OpenGL interface
seems to be following the standard as per:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OpenGL.

Sorry, I got lost here.

I only say that I tried glxgears between two laptop with different Intel
graphics hardware, and it worked. But between those same laptops and the
desktop, which at the moment runs the Nvidia proprietary driver, does
not work, in any direction.

So I say that someone with nvidia hardware using the open driver nouveau
could try the same test and see if it works. The more hardware/driver
combinations we test, better for determining which pattern work.

Maybe it is the proprietary driver that is the problem. Maybe not, and
the hardware has to be similar (intel-intel, not nvidia-intel).

--
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.
(from 13.1 x86_64 "Bottle" at Telcontar)

< Previous Next >