Re: [opensuse-factory] Re: When was it decided to stop supporting remote desktops?
Per Jessen wrote:

Running "ssh -X <remote> glxgears" works for me from a 12.3 onto a 13.1
system. I get about 4fps over wifi.
----

I get > ssh -X ishtar glxgears
libGL error: failed to load driver: swrast
libGL error: Try again with LIBGL_DEBUG=verbose for more details.
then:
Running synchronized to the vertical refresh. The framerate should be
approximately the same as the monitor refresh rate.
46362 frames in 28.2 seconds = 1645.590 FPS
----
Then:
export LIBGL_DEBUG=verbose
ssh -X ishtar glxgears
libGL error: failed to load driver: swrast
libGL error: Try again with LIBGL_DEBUG=verbose for more details.

I'm not sure what the 1st is... but the 2nd is in line with
what I used to get. I get an X window, on my screen, but nothing in it
and no indication that I'm receiving any thing over ~ 100k average...
mostly around 30k occasional jump to 400, then 30 again....

---
I noted that Mesa can't be build with DRI and Xlib-GLX:

running configure on Mesa 10.0.1 sources, I get:

configure: error: DRI and Xlib-GLX cannot be built together

Maybe your 13.1 machine has some old libraries around?