Re: [opensuse-factory] Re: Adding SSDs?
  • From: Jason <relentropy@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2014 01:53:09 -0400
On Wednesday, March 12, 2014 18:50:05 Yamaban wrote:
On Wed, 12 Mar 2014 18:33, Claudio Freire <klaussfreire@...> wrote:
On Wed, Mar 12, 2014 at 2:20 PM, Greg Freemyer <greg.freemyer@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
On Thu, Mar 13, 2014 at 1:11 AM, Jason <relentropy@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Tuesday, March 11, 2014 13:18:24 Greg Freemyer wrote:
<snip>

btw, your mails might as well be copy/pasted to the wiki:)

I wrote most of discard / trim wiki page I pointed out. I guess it is
time for me to update it. Things have changed some in the last 4
years.

Would it be sensible to add fstrimming to cron.d since it's this
stable and recommendable ?

Out of curiosity: what will happen if one does use "fstrim" on a
rotating disc type HDD ??

Before fstrimming gets added to cron.d, that should be cleared.

If not already sorted and harmless, either fstrim should get a test
for SSD only, or other securing should be done.

Other wise, thumbs up for Greg and his good work.

- Yamaban.

Query /sys/block/xxx/queue/rotating?