Re: [opensuse-factory] Release lifetime
On 11/03/14 02:38, Ruediger Meier wrote:
On Monday 10 March 2014, Stephan Kulow wrote:
On 10.03.2014 12:11, Wolfgang Rosenauer wrote:
Please before you "improve" these warnings, consider a way how to
disable them. For example I get these warnings every day on all
our machines because we are using Evergreen-11.4.
You just need to disable the update repo - you won't get updates
from there anyway.
Please don't ;-)

You need the old update repo still for situations where you install
new packages on your system which got an update after GA but none
from Evergreen.
This situation doesn't happen on all his machines every day though.
How you know that smart ass? You should safe your arrogant style for
things you know exactly.
Actually I do "zypper patch" everyday and it logs that warning everyday.

But you are right, since today I have one non-11.4 system. So now it
happens only on all minus one machines everday (until 13.1 will be
EOL)...

cu,
Rudi

Nah, nah, no need to call Stephan all that.

Stephan just doesn't know when and where to used emoticons to indicate that he is "being funny" (or "playful" or "sarcastic"); the absence of any emoticons naturally leads the reader to conclude that he is a smart-arse - which, when one looks back, is woefully wrong.

BC

--
A civilisation is judged by how it treats the most vulnerable.

Lauren Smith - 30 January 2014