Re: [opensuse-factory] Re: openSUSE Tumbleweed package management problem
  • From: Stephan Kulow <coolo@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2014 10:44:32 +0100
On 09.03.2014 20:56, Ken Schneider - openSUSE wrote:

The problem is the unnecessary build that takes place which then
requires unnecessary download and install. If there is no change in
package it does not require a rebuild. Just because one KDE package
changes does not mean 100% of the KDE packages need rebuild. And, why
the hell does a KDE update require a rebuild of the kernel? Are the
kernel devs now employing code from the KDE devs?

That's all we're saying. :-)

But that's how OBS repos work - if you don't want daily updates, then
don't call zypper dup daily.

By the way I subscribe to the factory list so I do not appreciate
private replies in addition to the list mail!

Google for gratitude.

Greetings, Stephan