[opensuse-factory] Re: openSUSE Tumbleweed package management problem
  • From: Achim Gratz <Stromeko@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 09 Mar 2014 11:11:04 +0100
Greg KH writes:
That's because all of the Tumbleweed repo just rebuild due to KDE
updates, as well as other core updates (kmod and util-linux).

The kernel should either a) never rebuild or b) the version number needs
to change with each rebuild or c) all tools making use of the version
number need to recognize that a rebuild of the kernel actually
overwrites any earlier builds of the same version kernel so the old
build is no longer available or d) the kernel installation needs to
include the build number so that multiple builds of the same versions
can coexist on disk.

So this is to be expected, and just part of the deal with Tumbleweed.

I'm not going into that discussion again as it should really be about
osc and not Tumbleweed, but the current handling of kernel rebuilds when
multiversion kernels are enabled is buggy. Depending on which option
above you're most comfortable with, that bug may be in Tumbleweed or
some place else, I've asked that question before and got no answer
(which is why no bugreport has yet been filed).

Regards,
Achim.

Wavetables for the Terratec KOMPLEXER: