Re: [opensuse-factory] openSUSE Tumbleweed package management problem
  • From: Jason <relentropy@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 09 Mar 2014 15:25:56 +0800
Hi Greg,

On Saturday, March 08, 2014 23:13:08 Greg KH wrote:
On Sat, Mar 08, 2014 at 11:59:07AM -0500, Ken Schneider wrote:
Running zypper dup wants to install already installed packages.

_Example:_

[code]

toshiba-lt:~ # zypper se -is kernel-desktop
<snip>> >
The following NEW package is going to be installed:
kernel-desktop-3.13.5-18.3.gbb654e2

1 new package to install.
Overall download size: 42.6 MiB. After the operation, additional 174.5
MiB will be used.
Continue? [y/n/? shows all options] (y): n
toshiba-lt:~ #

[/code]

zypper dup wants to re-install nearly 200 already install packages.

That's because all of the Tumbleweed repo just rebuild due to KDE
updates, as well as other core updates (kmod and util-linux).

So this is to be expected, and just part of the deal with Tumbleweed.

re: kde update, is it possible to have it pushed once a week or so?
Currently, I'm getting them 450MB at a time two to three times a week.
Not that I mind really, connection can take it, but taking the median
denominator I'm sure not everyone is happy with it.

In this, I'm probably missing something else so please correct me if my point
of view is wrong.

thanks,

greg k-h

Kind regards,