Re: [opensuse-factory] Re: broken dracut? perl-bootloader?
  • From: Thomas Renninger <trenn@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 03 Mar 2014 13:37:29 +0100
Hi,

and thanks for the heads up!

I'll double check and try to get this fixed asap (now).

Something else (therefore I added all dracut maintainers):
I like to merge all dracut subpackages:
dracut-network
dracut-caps
dracut-tools

to one "big" dracut package.
The point is that it is not much bigger.

dracut-tools only has:
dracut-catimages binary and its manpage

dracut-caps only has:
%{dracutlibdir}/modules.d/02caps
and a dependency to libcaps

and dracut-network only has some, but rather important
addtional dracut modules:
%{dracutlibdir}/modules.d/40network
%{dracutlibdir}/modules.d/95fcoe
%{dracutlibdir}/modules.d/95iscsi
%{dracutlibdir}/modules.d/90livenet
%{dracutlibdir}/modules.d/90qemu-net
%{dracutlibdir}/modules.d/95nbd
%{dracutlibdir}/modules.d/95nfs
%{dracutlibdir}/modules.d/95ssh-client
%{dracutlibdir}/modules.d/45ifcfg
%{dracutlibdir}/modules.d/95znet
%{dracutlibdir}/modules.d/95fcoe-uefi
%{dracutlibdir}/modules.d/99uefi-lib

So IMO the current package splitting does not make sense to me.
It's more counter productive as you may miss some elementary
features like network booting and similar which is not worth to
open up dependencies to other packages/HW (kdump, iscsi, ...) and
people might want to make use of this right away.

So if nobody has complains, I like to do that merge with the
next package submission as well.