Re: [opensuse-factory] Re: broken dracut? perl-bootloader?
Hi Luca,

On Mon, Mar 3, 2014 at 10:35 AM, Luca Beltrame <lbeltrame@xxxxxxx> wrote:
Cristian Rodríguez wrote:

Maybe the mkinitrd compatibility wrapper has problems, I have seen at
least one.,. fill a bug report... ;-)

Indeed that is the problem:

if [ -n "${modules_all}" ];then
dracut_args_all="$dracut_args --add-drivers \"${modules_all}\""

and later called as

$dracut_cmd $dracut_args_all "$target" "$kernel"

is expanded to

dracut --logfile /var/log/YaST2/mkinitrd.log --hostonly --force --add-
drivers '"thermal' processor 'fan"' <etc etc>

In this case "thermal processor fan" is what I have in
/etc/sysconfig/kernel.

Notice how the quotes are mangled. However I don't know bash enough to see
how to fix it.

Checking the logfile of dracut, then we see the following:

Thu Feb 27 14:08:56 UTC 2014 - trenn@xxxxxxx

- Make sure that --add-drivers is not called with whitespace string which
will lead to a "read line" user input request and things may get stuck at
installation.
- Add: dracut-fix-whitespace-add-drivers_call.patch

The patchfile is changing the way that the mkinitrd wrapper is working
with Dracut. Copying Thomas on this email.

Regards

Raymond