Re: [opensuse-factory] Re: [opensuse-project] Maintainers wanted for Dracut and Plymouth
  • From: Richard Brown <RBrownCCB@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 4 Feb 2014 18:11:05 +0100
On 4 February 2014 17:25, Frederic Crozat <fcrozat@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

Also, do you consider the passphrase prompt "sane"? I mean its both
misplaced on screen (lower right part of screen) and oddly named (whole
/etc/crypttab line dumped to the screen).

That means nobody cared enough to fix the branding package, I'd say..

Excuse me, I cared :)

The prompt appearing on 'lower right part of the screen' is news to
me, if someone can point me in the direction of a bug report I'll
certainly take a look at it - On all of my test machines, the prompt
is in the lower center, as it should be

The whole /etc/crypttab line being dumped appears (as far as I could
find out) be an upstream plymouth 'feature' (as in, something I could
not find a way of fixing), but I tried; I'll admit to taking my foot
off the accelerator trying to fix this when I realised that full disk
encryption didn't use the pretty plymouth prompt, as my logic was that
most people hitting the horrifically long text in the branded prompt
would have much shorter /etc/crypttab lines (eg /dev/sda2 vs
/dev/good/lord/this/is/a/long/device/id)

I may have a flaw in my logic, but it certainly isn't due to a lack of
caring, far from it.