Re: [opensuse-factory] Re: [opensuse-project] Maintainers wanted for Dracut and Plymouth
  • From: Ludwig Nussel <ludwig.nussel@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 04 Feb 2014 10:41:15 +0100
Frederic Crozat wrote:
Le mardi 04 février 2014 à 06:14 +0100, Raymond Wooninck a écrit :
On Sunday 02 February 2014 12:24:29 sfalken@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

I could take one of them over, Raymond. Don't have any particular
knowledge about either package, but I've got the time.
Hi Shawn,

Great. Thanks a lot. As discussed on IRC, I will transfer today the
"ownership" of DRACUT to you on OBS and bugzilla.

Only package remaining is Plymouth and I guess that people rather see it
disappear than to help out.

No, I don't want to see it disappear at all (since it has replaced all
other boot splash alternative, for the good) but I don't have time to
maintain it.

How long does the average system nowadays take until X starts up? If
there is a black screen for a few seconds, so what? That's the time the
initrd takes to load if plymouth is in there anyways ;-)

cu
Ludwig

--
(o_ Ludwig Nussel