Re: [opensuse-factory] Releases going forward
  • From: Tomáš Chvátal <tchvatal@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2014 10:44:26 +0100
Dne Pá 31. ledna 2014 08:59:51, Bernhard Voelker napsal(a):

Well, this sounds quite legitimate.
It's just the sudden uncertainty which seems to surprise us all.

I don't believe that all of openSUSE@SUSE stop working on the
release process *right now* (a), eh?
I mean, some folks have to take over piece per piece which will
take some time (b).
Can someone confirm strategy (b), please?

The strategy plan was created with idea of skipping one release.
But as we obviously expected there will be complaints our alternative solution
is to create the release in 12 months instead of 8 where you guys do the hard
lifting we usually did.

We of course will be around to help anyone pick the tasks and work on the
release. And we also have a wiki page with some tasks so you can try to get at
least bit dirty with it. [1]

FWIW our current goal is to get the Factory in shape that we can afterwards
focus on the release itself. So with 13.3 things will hopefully be much cooler
than ever :)

Cheers

Tom

[1] https://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Release_team