Re: [opensuse-factory] Releases going forward
On 2014-01-31 06:01 (GMT+0100) Vincent Untz composed:

Bernhard Voelker composed:

Felix Miata wrote:

> On 2014-01-30 12:54 (GMT-0500) Robert Schweikert composed:

>> Releases going forward, or, how do we release without full time paid
>> worker bees?

> If there was announcement about end of paid workers, I missed it. What's the
> scoop? URL?

yes, please - without more information about how and when SUSE will
will decrease power in the openSUSE world, it's hard to give any answer
to the other questions.

There is no decrease in SUSE's involvement in openSUSE! As mentioned in
Robert's mail, it's simply that the openSUSE team at SUSE is choosing to
focus on other openSUSE topics that release engineering, in order to
improve the quality of openSUSE. That includes openQA, workflow in OBS,
etc.

This seems to translate as people will continue to be paid to improve openSUSE infrastructure or components, just not to see to it that their effort ever makes it into a release good enough to recommend that wasn't delayed weeks, or months, or more, beyond its release target date.

Felix Miata *** http://fm.no-ip.com/