Re: [opensuse-project] Re: [opensuse-factory] Timeline and roadmap V2

--
Benjamin Brunner <bbrunner@xxxxxxxx>,
SUSE LINUX, Maintenance

On 1/30/2014 at 03:14 PM, in message
<CAA0b23yV_hB8-Jr0Dnauqh9NgRP7jFC+5=1oqQPjJprAy8YnRQ@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Richard
Brown <RBrownCCB@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 30 January 2014 14:28, Michal Hrusecky <mhrusecky@xxxxxxx> wrote:
Michal Hrusecky - 13:12 30.01.14 wrote:
So, for now, this will be a 'community release'. This might mean less QA
but
also no security updates provided by SUSE! Especially if it comes to the
latter
case we should communicate this carefully to our users as it will be more
like
a slightly more stabilized milestone than a successor to openSUSE 13.1.
How
call it, how to communicate and what exactly it will look like - August.

Ok, a follow up, just got some update, we talked with the right people and
no
matter when and what we release there *WILL* be support form SUSE security
and
maintenance.

So really sorry for all the confusion, should have clarified/asked more
around
before sending this, whole point was just not to make promises on behalf of
somebody else.

Thank you for the clarification.

I do not want to belabour the point, but I would strongly recommend
that in the future, any teams involved are spoken to before their
commitment (or lack thereof) to anything is spoken for by the openSUSE
Team.
I can only imagine how I would feel if was in the Maintenance Teams
position, and I have the deepest sympathy for the discomfort this
thread might have brought them.

Thanks Richard,
you said everything, I wanted to say.

Greets