Re: [opensuse-project] Re: [opensuse-factory] Timeline and roadmap V2
  • From: Richard Brown <RBrownCCB@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2014 15:14:00 +0100
call it, how to communicate and what exactly it will look like - August.

Ok, a follow up, just got some update, we talked with the right people and no
matter when and what we release there *WILL* be support form SUSE security and
maintenance.

So really sorry for all the confusion, should have clarified/asked more around
before sending this, whole point was just not to make promises on behalf of
somebody else.

Thank you for the clarification.

I do not want to belabour the point, but I would strongly recommend
that in the future, any teams involved are spoken to before their
commitment (or lack thereof) to anything is spoken for by the openSUSE
Team.
I can only imagine how I would feel if was in the Maintenance Teams
position, and I have the deepest sympathy for the discomfort this
thread might have brought them.