Re: [opensuse-factory] rc* symlinks and systemd

Quoting Ludwig Nussel <ludwig.nussel@xxxxxxx>:

Dominique Leuenberger a.k.a. Dimstar wrote:

Quoting Ludwig Nussel <ludwig.nussel@xxxxxxx>:

openSUSE has a packing policy of requiring rc* symlinks for each
init script. So for e.g. /etc/init.d/foo there must be a symlink
/usb/sbin/rcfoo -> /etc/init.d/foo. There is an rpmlint check for this
policy (suse-missing-rclink).

A very much appreciated feature I would like to add!

Personally I'd like to see us keeping the rc* feature also in the
future so I'd like to propose introducing an rpmlint check to
complain about missing rc* symlinks also for systemd unit files.

Any objections on that? Otherwise I'd extend the suse-missing-rclink
rpmlint check to .service files at some point.

No objection.. the sooner the better! I'd even propose a staging repo
where the check does not WARN, but FAIL... so we get an overview
where it's all missing.

A bit extreme :-) Failing is actually not needed, one can search for the
error in build logs. AFAIK there is no interface in obs that allows
to fetch all build logs from a project in one request though.

Yes; that's why I proposed to do the fail only in a staging project... so we get at least visibility...

Dominique