Re: [opensuse-factory] rc* symlinks and systemd

Quoting Ludwig Nussel <ludwig.nussel@xxxxxxx>:

Hi,

openSUSE has a packing policy of requiring rc* symlinks for each
init script. So for e.g. /etc/init.d/foo there must be a symlink
/usb/sbin/rcfoo -> /etc/init.d/foo. There is an rpmlint check for this
policy (suse-missing-rclink).

A very much appreciated feature I would like to add!

Personally I'd like to see us keeping the rc* feature also in the
future so I'd like to propose introducing an rpmlint check to
complain about missing rc* symlinks also for systemd unit files.

Any objections on that? Otherwise I'd extend the suse-missing-rclink
rpmlint check to .service files at some point.

No objection.. the sooner the better! I'd even propose a staging repo where the check does not WARN, but FAIL... so we get an overview where it's all missing.

Dominique