[opensuse-factory] openQA plans
Hi,

Last week we discussed how to proceed with our work on openQA
integration in Factory development. As you know from our initial
workflow proposal [1], openQA would be inserted between devel/staging
projects and Factory; and 'after' Factory to create Factory-Tested. Our
final goal with openQA and Staging projects is: *help the creation of
Factory-Tested*, as a version of Factory that is more stable.

As staging projects are still very experimental [2] our first priority
will be to get openQA ready for a public deployment suitable for user
interaction. That is, get openQAv2 out so packagers can check the
testing results and QA volunteers can help create tests.

After openQA has been made available publicly, we will move on to pre-
integration testing. We expect that making openQA available publicly
will take around 1 or 2 months but readying openQA and OBS for
pre-integration testing will take 2 to 3 months after that.

After this, we want to move on to:
* make test creation easier
* integrate openQA for integration testing

The order of these is not clear yet.

Timeline-wise, our goal is that by August, we have made serious progress
in one of those.

We are adding tasks to progress.opensuse.org [3] and will give
regular updates on the status of our work on this mailing list.

Cheers,
Antonio Larrosa

[1]
https://github.com/SUSE/hackweek/wiki/Improved-Factory-devel-project-submission-workflow