[opensuse-factory] Fwd: Re: [opensuse-packaging] exfat-nofuse in factory or at least consolidated in filesystem
Damn crossposting, and then to the wrong list first... :-)

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
Betreff: Re: [opensuse-packaging] exfat-nofuse in factory or at least
consolidated in filesystem
Datum: Tue, 28 Jan 2014 08:27:54 +0100
Von: Stefan Seyfried <stefan.seyfried@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
An: opensuse-packaging@xxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi Bruno,

Am 27.01.2014 22:25, schrieb Bruno Friedmann:
For the shake, it would be wonderful to synchronize the different offer we
have on obs about exfat.

For example have the best of dkms alternative available here
https://build.opensuse.org/package/show/home:aevseev/exfat-nofuse-dkms
or native
https://build.opensuse.org/package/show/home:Akoellh:Kernelmodules/exfat-nofuse

and the fuse exfat-utils

https://build.opensuse.org/package/show/home:seife:testing/exfat-utils
https://build.opensuse.org/package/view_file/home:seife:testing/fuse-exfat

I just packaged those because I was under the impression that exfat
would be a good filesystem for external storage portable across OSs
(Hint: it is not), so I'm not really using it anymmore.

I can submit it to filesystems, but I will certainly not maintain it,
since I am not using it.

Would be nice to have all effort submitted to filesystems repository and then
pushed to factory.
Also the different packagers could work together offering a perfect need for
our end-users community

For Factory / openSUSE, the legal limbo in which all this exFAT stuff is
hanging is probably a problem.

--
Stefan Seyfried