Re: [opensuse-factory] Re: Re: RFC: move ifconfig and friends out of default installation
  • From: Michal Kubecek <mkubecek@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2014 13:51:21 +0100
On Monday 27 of January 2014 13:41:19 Per Jessen wrote:
Yamaban wrote:

Those stats can be queried with: "ip -s link show",

Thanks, that saved me some googling :-)

You can also use the -s option twice to get more detailed stats.

The output from "ip" can be better machine - parsed, but for humans?
Sorry, no gold, not even bronze for "ip", "ifconfig" was / is much
more readable.

I guess it's matter of getting used to it, I switched to "ip addr"
long ago.

Agreed. For me, it's already much easier to see the information in
output of "ip addr show" or "ip route show" than ifconfig or route.

Michal Kubeček