Re: [opensuse-factory] [ANN] zypper-cron: zypper package updates reporter
On 26.01.2014 21:17, Marcello Barnaba wrote:
Hi,

I am new to the mailing list, I hope I am posting this to the right place :-).

I have just thrown together https://github.com/ifad/zypper-cron, a tool
inspired
by Debian's apticron[1].

It runs zypper ref and zypper -x list-patches, parses the XML output and, if
patches are missing, summarizes them on the standard output.

I have packaged it here:
https://build.opensuse.org/package/show/home:vjt:ifad/zypper-cron, upon
installation it adds /etc/cron.d/zypper-cron that runs the script daily at
4AM.

It'll certainly need saving its state to avoid duplicate e-mails about updates
already notified, and as well incremental mailings.

I am not aware on any other similar open source effort, so I decided to
scratch
my own itch.

Comments (and GitHub pull requests) appreciated!

~Marcello

[1]: http://packages.debian.org/wheezy/apticron

Nice work but isn't there already a yast module to schedule periodic
zypper runs? At least in SLES I think I saw one.

--
Ralf Lang
Linux Consultant / Developer