Re: [opensuse-factory] wicked wicked
В Thu, 23 Jan 2014 20:51:16 -0500
Felix Miata <mrmazda@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> пишет:

Yesterday I installed fresh. Result was too much screwed up to make sense of
it all.

I just installed fresh. The problem was, that no ifcfg-* was created.
After I used yast to configure interface everything run just fine. And
(comparing with NetworkManager) wicked did not try to undo manual
configuration with ifconfig or even dhcpcd.

I tried zypper rm wicked,

You expected it will magically create configuration for interface?

but couldn't get network to work except by
using yast to delete NIC and add it back at every boot. Network@eth0.service
refused to survive boot, if it ever got created at all. I couldn't find any
wicked instructions anywhere on opensuse.org. Its man page is too terse for
me to get a useful enough amount out of it. So I decided to install all over
again, starting by tabooing wicked.

The problem was that yast did not create interface configuration file.
How is it related to wicked? It would fail for a traditional ifup as
well.