[opensuse-factory] Re: service ntp
  • From: Achim Gratz <Stromeko@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 19 Jan 2014 10:40:43 +0100
Achim Gratz writes:
Ever since systemd took over it waits for ntp to complete startup, which
takes a long time on my machine. Is there any way I can make systemd
start ntp, but not wait for it before it considers bringing up kdm?

This delay is related to "systemctl status" searching the log (which
isn't even necessary since the output is discarded anyway), so I've
added the "-n0" option to the systemctl handoff in /etc/rc.status and my
boot time has gone from about four minutes to xdm password prompt to
just a hair under a minute (as it was before systemd with the old init
system).

Bug #859360

Regards,
Achim.