Re: [opensuse-factory]: optional security models used by default
On 11/30/2013 11:43 AM, Claudio Freire wrote:
On Sat, Nov 30, 2013 at 8:28 AM, Carlos E. R. <carlos.e.r@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
She is right on this point. The notes are displayed, but the old and
obsolete version. You can see for yourself at

<http://doc.opensuse.org/release-notes/x86_64/openSUSE/13.1/>
<https://www.suse.com/releasenotes/i386/openSUSE/13.1/RELEASE-NOTES.en.html>
<https://www.suse.com/releasenotes/x86_64/openSUSE/13.1/>

that the version is dated on October, and that they contain no
reference to apparmour at all, no section 5.11. This is Bug 852174 and
Bug 851864.

To see the current release notes you have to install the system, then
update it, then display the file
"/usr/share/doc/release-notes/openSUSE/RELEASE-NOTES.en.html" (or the
translation if you prefer).

I installed from netinst and remember seeing it, you know, just after
testing the internet connection and fetching the "latest release
notes".

I may try again with the latest ISO just in case.
---
It has been my experience that Release Notes have usually been made
available AFTER installation. Vs. README's, and 'CHANGES' (or "whatsnew")
came in viewable form before the install -- If they were available.

I've only ever seen release notes after installation.

Also the case, though are presenting pertinent release notes, rather
than all in 1 file.

I.e. seeing changes for 'core' or 'base' installed products in 1 place
and separate from kde/gnome/<favoriteapp>... would be more useful
to what I am installing.

Note. I am saying this from the point of view of someone familiar
other linux distros, say, and trying opensuse for the first time in 13.1.

(To be clear, this problem doesn't usually, directly affect me,
as I usually run a vanilla kernel w/o the optional security
models).