Re: [opensuse-factory] O Factory - Where art Thou?
On Fri, 29 Nov 2013 11:49:24 +0100
Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx> wrote:

Am Freitag, 29. November 2013, 11:43:54 schrieb Stephan Kulow:
On 29.11.2013 11:26, Adrian Schröter wrote:
* Integration means testing, and testing may be a
gate/decision point whether further builds make sense at all
(think rings). This tracking of test status is not in the
tool. And tests should gate further work based on test
status. And tests, automatic or manual, have a smart and a
stupid order doing them.

What would be really nice here, is to have hooks in BS like
github. If new pull request is created, then there is hook that
can told it to CI like https://travis-ci.org/

http://openbuildservice.org/2013/11/22/Source-Update-Via_Token/

?

I knew you would jump on it but hooks for github are something else
than hooks like github ;)

When offering also this for reviews, these review hooks can run
everywhere.

We can also discuss to run them within OBS, but I think other
possibilities, like rpmlint or source services are the better
approach then.

I mean it other way - submit requestion on BS -> call hoooks -> get
back result so something like factory_auto and others. I don't know how
easy or hard is to add such reviewers, if I want to use it outside of
factory for my own project. From reviews at
http://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Build_Service_Concept_Review it looks
like you need to create fake user for it.

Our solution for that are at the moment automatic reviewers that
poll for new reviews to do and then queue something. So if you do a
new SR factory-auto, legal-auto, repo-checker run on it and do
their CI. We can extend that heavily - but nothing of that will be
"Source update" ;)

right, but the /trigger route could also be used to do other defined
tasks. For example like changing the review state. That was what I
proposed here.

So if I get right how reviews work, then if we have e.g. security
scanner, then if new thing appear he must open review for someone to
manual check new detected issue, right?