Re: [opensuse-factory] O Factory - Where art Thou?
On 29.11.2013 10:24, Josef Reidinger wrote:

Tricky part is that for manual code review you need time and with
increased number of packages it is not possible unless manpower is
increased. I agree with you that code review is really important and
for example in Yast we see really good impact on code quality, but
experience is that for product quality automatic testing is more
important.

We thought about that too and it's indeed a limiting factor, but IMO
having reviews is so valuable that I wouldn't want to throw it away just
because it's hard.

Right now reviews have no priority at all, so the more packages we have
the easier it is to get lost. And there is no support for sharing work
in reviews the webui interface to do reviews is suboptimal too (it's
dominated by the diff and the discussion is very much hidden).

On the other hand we do have enough experienced packagers who can do
reviews, but at the moment being a reviewer or not is black & white.
So if you volunteer to review because you know how to package perl
packages well, you end up being part of the same team as the one
reviewing kernel submissions. So possibly we have do have the reviews
done by more specific groups instead of one big group?

That would leave us close to the Signed-Off tags kernel patches bear,
but the OBS has no support for marking patches as reviewed by $Josef.
Yet another idea how to improve things.

Greetings, Stephan