Re: [opensuse-factory] Your thoughts on dropping pm-utils
  • From: Hendrik Woltersdorf <hendrikw@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 28 Nov 2013 21:04:41 +0100
Am 28.11.2013 15:55, schrieb Cristian Rodríguez:

I converted the remaining sleep.d snippets from packages a while ago, an
example is the "at" daemon, which I believe has a bug that is being
worked around by restarting the service on system resume, this is of
course extremely ugly and it might be better to fix the daemon instead.

This is not a bug, it is by design. atd simply "sleep()"s until it is
time for the next job. The sleep()-timer is stopped during hibernation.
So atd needs either a restart or a wakup call (SIGHUP), to get the
current time after resume. Otherwise it oversleeps the next job.

Hendrik