Re: [opensuse-factory] O Factory - Where art Thou?
On 28.11.2013 16:53, Josef Reidinger wrote:
But this stage can be avoided IMHO. We do not need ISOs to test GCC,
kernel or systemd. The ISO is needed to test the installation
process: YaST, KIWI or whatever tool is used in the medium.

Sorry, but I completelly disagree. Maybe it is because I am in Yast
team, but you can be surprised how many Yast "bugs" is caused by
problems in underlaying layers. Yast start bunch of various scripts,
try to manage services in systemd and a lot of similar things. So if
systemd is broken or even if they incompatible change behavior Yast
start failing without any changes in Yast code.
And in fact it is often source of broken Yast code, that noone told us
that something change in system and we do not adapt Yast code to this
change.

Yeah, I agree Alberto's examples are wrong. But there are updates that
are indeed hard to break yast with, e.g. chromium updates. We don't need
ISOs for *that* :)

Greetings, Stephan