Re: [opensuse-factory] O Factory - Where art Thou?
On Thu, 28 Nov 2013 16:22:41 +0100
Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx> wrote:

Am Donnerstag, 28. November 2013, 16:16:32 schrieb Stephan Kulow:
On 28.11.2013 16:01, Tomáš Chvátal wrote:

One of the options on the table was "lets force staging projects
on everything" but sadly that is too much on the OBS and we would
just be boiling it with all the rebuilds. In the end we go with
above way which is technically possible and we can learn and
improve it on the way wrt detecting culprits.

Basically Review team will have update SR reviewing tools with
possibility to group, review, and mark for qa/staging on any
submission with some possibility to edit the severity/f**kupablity
of the package so they can do the right decision.

But even tho I am now interested for sure to talk about it, lets
wait till we

As I said: we have to talk to the OBS team about possible solutions
for the "too much on the OBS" problem. Perhaps our assumption is
wrong and we can do indeed what Josef suggests: create a staging
project for every submission. Then the whole discussion on who
reviews and decides what will be wasted time.

we can try at least. At least as long we do not publish it and our
priority handling ensures that they do not block all other people
from using OBS.

I think that only tricky part of my suggestion is COW, because now if I
create new repo with copy of another one everything is rebuilded, but I
want just copy what is there and modify only one package, that can
possible trigger another build, but not whole 6k packages rebuild if
not needed.

Josef