Re: [opensuse-factory] O Factory - Where art Thou?
On 28.11.2013 15:45, Richard Biener wrote:

Back in the old times some people inside SUSE thought of following
the Debian testing way. The road block then was the inability
to track bugs filed against a package. To recap how Debian
testing works - a package update gets pushed to "unstable", then,
if no bugs against it appear for $X time, it gets automatically
pushed to "testing" (if all dependencies it has at this point
can be satisfied there - mind that Debian has a lot more versioned
dependencies). We still don't have a "package" field in bugzilla,
so copying this scheme 1:1 doesn't work.

You of all should know best that a bug free gcc version is *not* ready
to be integrated into Factory, so I don't see this as a good approach.

But we don't have to re-invent the wheel, no?

The closest thing to Debian testing we have is openSUSE
Tumbleweed though it's a very manual process there.

But isn't the proposal to have a Tumbleweed for Factory?
You either misunderstand what Tumbleweed does or Factory's role in
general. Tumbleweed is an addon repo for a stable release that has
several uptodate components that are updated frequently while Factory
is a rolling distribution integrating new technology all the time.

So a "Tumbleweed for Factory" does not make sense in my world.

Greetings, Stephan