Re: [opensuse-factory] Your thoughts on dropping pm-utils
Le jeudi 28 novembre 2013 à 09:06 -0500, Greg Freemyer a écrit :

On 2013-11-28 10:59, Guido Berhoerster wrote:

I don't think the problem is not so much the emotional attachment
people have to pm-utils (at least I hope so ;) but the potential
of severe regressions with suspend/hibernate. The hardware quirks
db probably doesn't matter that much any more since it is
outdated by now.

I accidentally removed pm-utils some time ago and the machine failed to
hibernate. I don't remember the exact cause, and I haven't tested 13.1
on this machine yet - but I expect problems.

I read the long bugzilla and I gather in 12.3 systemd ended up calling
pm-utils, but it was a clumsy, error prone process?

No idea how it is done in 13.1. My laptop does hibernate with 13.1.

Nothing changed in that regard in 13.1. If pm-utils is installed, it
will be called by logind.

--
Frederic Crozat <fcrozat@xxxxxxxx>
SUSE