Re: [opensuse-factory] Re: Re: Let's keep acroread for pure reasons of usability.
On Thu, Nov 14, 2013 at 01:03:33AM -0200, Claudio Freire wrote:
On Wed, Nov 13, 2013 at 11:59 PM, Yamaban <foerster@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

Uh-uh that's a no-no! Big BAD can of worms!
A small soft firm (microsoft) will send their lawers to happily
and readily roast you over coals if you try to touch their
"Signature-Store" technology.

What wine could do would be presenting a api that redirects / rewrites
the calls to openssl / or similar cert-proving software available
in the underlaying system.

So, it's no bug, but a non-implemented feature due to legal
concerns and no direct need so far.

I don't see how certificate store API would be any legally gray-er
than the rest of windows ABI, but I'm no lawyer.

wine does implement parts of various cryptographic apis already,
so its generally possible.

I just dont know exactly what Foxit uses there.

Wine APPDB entry for all versions known:
http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=application&iId=4060

Ciao, Marcus