[opensuse-factory] Re: Let's keep acroread for pure reasons of usability.
On Thu, 14 Nov 2013 02:42, Carlos E. R. <robin.listas@...> wrote:
On Friday, 2013-11-08 at 13:03 +0100, Michal Vyskocil wrote:
On Fri, Nov 08, 2013 at 08:09:03AM +0000, Damian Ivanov wrote:

But there is another free windows pdf reader called foxit which does
all that (signing, printing, all the forms). Just tried it. Download,
install, start, editing pdf. No problem with wine.

I tested it. Signature check fails. Dunno if something is missing or faulty, or simply does not work in Wine.

Hmmm, poking around there, it seems that FoxIt tries to use the
Mircosoft Windows provided "Signature-Store", which is NOT
available in wine.

Background: MS-Windows provides a OS managed certification
framework, some apps use that, some provide their own.

E.g. Mozilla products bring and use their own, Apple products
use the OS (MS-Win or OS-X / IOS ) provided framework.

That's my guess based on the api-calls I've traced.

- Yamaban.