[opensuse-factory] Re: Let's keep acroread for pure reasons of usability.
  • From: Jim Henderson <hendersj@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 10 Nov 2013 04:50:05 +0000 (UTC)
On Sun, 10 Nov 2013 06:36:24 +0400, Ilya Chernykh wrote:

I know no open source PDF reader that supports subpixel hinting. I would
say, write one first, then delete the non-free one. :-(

How is that in any way a reasonable suggestion?

That the openSUSE project "has" to write an OSS replacement for a
proprietary piece of software that was included in the past - as a
convenience to those who have come to rely on it - in order to drop it
because the proprietary software company that makes it has decided not to
support Linux properly?

Go beat up on Adobe. It's their product, it's their closed/proprietary
file format. It's not the openSUSE project's fault that Adobe decided
Linux support wasn't important, and it's sure not the openSUSE project's
job to fix Adobe's decision.

Jim

--
Jim Henderson