On Friday 2013-11-08 19:59, Joschi Brauchle wrote:
In order to save some hassle for me and my institution, I currently branched
the last available version of the openSUSE RPM of Adobe Reader in OBS.

I figured, as the [acroread] package was available in the official
openSUSE 'non-free' repos on OBS before and still is for < 13.1,
this [branched the last available version of the openSUSE RPM of
Adobe Reader] would be OK.

As has been mentioned before in this thread, the Adobe license does
not permit redistribution by default. Whether branching is acceptable
depends on whether the special permission SUSE had obtained from
Adobe specifies whether the redist permission propagates. (The safe
default stance for a packager is to assume that it is not; therefore,
branches would be a… "risk" as they call it ;-)