* auxsvr@xxxxxxxxx <auxsvr@xxxxxxxxx> [2013-11-08 17:07]:
On Friday 08 of November 2013 16:52:10 Tomáš Chvátal wrote:
Dne Pá 8. listopadu 2013 16:33:36, Per Jessen napsal(a):
Where do you suggest we go to discuss e.g. policy and distro content?
This is currently the best suited list, imho.

But you are NOT discussing policies.

You are whining about removal of one particular package. Which was removed
in accordance of all the security rules and with blessing from release
team. Don't know how more by the book change you want to have.

If you want to change/discuss the security policy you are more than welcome
to do so, but I guess it won't have much chance for approval as the current
one is really sensible.

Wouldn't it be more sensible for everyone if the current version of acroread
is preserved bundled with an extremely restricted apparmor profile? Namely no
network access, no write access in user directories apart from the settings
directories, no access to shell or other executables?

No.

Set up a kvm vm with no external network access, make a minimal
X11 install of 12.3 with acroread, snapshot the image and use it
indefinetly. (Of course with the adoption of new pdf features
unsupported by the unmaintained acroread version it will become
less and less useful over time).
--
Guido Berhoerster