Hallo,

On Nov 7 18:01 Joschi Brauchle wrote (excerpt):
I would also like to express my vote to keep Adobe Reader available
in an openSUSE customized version! Maybe not in NON-OSS repo, but
possibly in packman?

Packman provides packages for openSUSE but Packman is not openSUSE
so that you may have to suggest that directly to the Packman people.

Reasons:
1) Official Adobe RPM (suggested as a workaround) does not work
flawlessly on openSUSE. The openSUSE RPM has specific modifications
to work around problems of Adobe Reader in openSUSE
(eg. suse-do-not-grab-server.so and many others). Hence the official RPM is not equivalent for users.

Basically you ask for openSUSE contributors to fix bugs in Adobe's
proprietary software while Adobe itself shows basically no interest
to provide their own software so that it works well on openSUSE?

Assume the Adobe Reader would not work flawlessly on Windows,
would you ask Microsoft to fix that or would you ask Adobe
to fix their own bugs in their own software?

Kind Regards
Johannes Meixner