Re: [opensuse-factory] Re: mdadm being very persistent
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 08 Nov 2013 08:06:13 +0100
Carlos E. R. wrote:

On Thursday, 2013-11-07 at 13:28 +0100, Per Jessen wrote:

I do think it only ought to be installed when actually _needed_.
Maybe I'll open a bugreport.

Well... I have btrfs tools and the cron job running everywhile, even
though I have no btrfs partition on this system.

I don't have any of those. Minimal install.

On the other hand,
xfs tools are installed on a separate package, and perhaps also
reiserfs.

It is a similar issue :-)

I don't mind mdadm being installed, but it doesn't need to be running as
a daemon when there is nothing to monitor. I wouldn't a superfluous
cron-job either.

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (10.2°C)