Re: [opensuse-factory] mdadm being very persistent

On Thursday 2013-11-07 11:19, Per Jessen wrote:

# systemctl status mdadmd
mdadmd.service - LSB: mdadmd daemon monitoring MD devices
Process: 2142 ExecStart=/etc/init.d/mdadmd start (code=exited,
status=0/SUCCESS)

I'm not sure why mdadmd was installed by default, but maybe it's not
such a bad choice.

Well, I would concur on that any normal user should be getting
mail(*) about arrays changing abnormally (such as when devices fail)
in the background.

(*) Well yes, now you only need to be aware to check the system
mail in the first place/reconfigure mdadm to deliver to your own
address. :-)