Re: [opensuse-factory] No more acroread? [WAS: Requesting people to test RC1 of RC2 or whatever]
On Thursday 07 November 2013, Stephan Kulow wrote:
On 06.11.2013 14:21, Jon Nelson wrote:
On Wed, Nov 6, 2013 at 2:21 AM, Stephan Kulow <coolo@xxxxxxx> wrote:
On 06.11.2013 00:03, Jon Nelson wrote:
BTW what about the update scenario? Will it be removed when
upgrading to 13.1? I guess not - so the broken acroread issue is
probably not fixed

We remove all orphaned packages unless the user locks it.

Then something went wrong, because when I upgraded a 12.2 machine
to the latest 13.1 RC, I ended up with a bunch of orphaned packages
- 20 or 30 at least - and none of them were locked.

Official 12.2 packages? If you install packages from 3rd party repos,
they will only be dropped if the solver sees no other way.

My original 12.3 acroread package was also not uninstalled when
upgrading to 13.1.

cu,
Rudi