Re: [opensuse-factory] Re: mdadm being very persistent
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 07 Nov 2013 13:28:36 +0100
Yamaban wrote:

On Thu, 7 Nov 2013 11:19, Per Jessen <per@...> wrote:
Jan Engelhardt wrote:
On Thursday 2013-11-07 09:12, Per Jessen wrote:
[snip]
I'm not sure why mdadmd was installed by default, but maybe it's not
such a bad choice.

Background:
Package mdadmd is installed as a dependency of package libstorage4,
which is dependency by autoyast and yast-backup

BUT, using "rm $(rpm -ql mdadmd)" (just removing the files, same as
"rpm --install --justdb mdadmd" ), calling mkinitrd / dracut -H,
rebooting, and using yast shows that the package is indeed NOT
needed on systems with no raid.

Just "libstorage4" forces it on everybody regardless.

You want to change that? -> yast-devel list is your contact.

I do think it only ought to be installed when actually _needed_.
Maybe I'll open a bugreport.

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (17.3°C)